2014 NEW LONDON DRAGWAY TRACK RULES
Classes and Designations:
Super Pro (SP) 0.00 – 7.99
Footbrake (FB) 0.00 – 8.99
Trophy Street (TS) 9.00 and slower
1. If any racer has a problem, contact the Race Director. Do not interrupt the event by going to the starting line or staging lanes. The Race Director will discuss the problem with that racer as long as the discussion remains calm. If any racer starts using profane language or screaming, the discussion is over. If you touch any employee in an aggressive manner, you will be barred from the track or will receive disciplinary action.
2. The decision of the Race Director is final.
3. Any driver caught drinking alcohol or using illegal drugs will be disqualified. Each driver is responsible for the actions of their crew members.
4. No more than three (3) crew members per car are allowed on the starting line behind the starter. No loafing.
5. No children are allowed in the staging lanes, bleach box or on the track unless in competition.
6. The speed limit is 10 MPH throughout the premises.
7. No two drivers may enter the same car in the same class.
8. When qualifying for a qualified field, you must make qualifying runs during scheduled qualifying rounds for that event.
9. Track records may only be set during time trials or eliminations.
10. No time runs during eliminations unless approved by the Race Director.
11. Any driver caught intentionally using an illegal electronic device will be disqualified from the event.
12. Long pants, shirt, shoes, and helmets are required for all classes. Fire suits are required if mandated for your class or ET in the IHRA rulebook. No shorts or tank tops.
13. IHRA safety rules pertaining to safety requirements in bracket type cars will be followed according to your ETs.
14. Every car will be issued a number and will receive points. Drivers will receive 25 points for each race entered (must make first round by crossing the commitment to race line at the front of the staging lanes under power), and 10 round points for each round of competition won. No transferring points from one class to another. Bonus points will be issued each race for the following: Race Win equals 10 bonus points.
Point System Tie Breakers: If the need for a tie breaker arises for the bracket finals or overall finish in points, the following system will be used in this order. The competitor who has attended the most events in 2014 will win the tie. If a tie still exists, best race performance (wins, R/Us, Semi, etc.) will win the tie. If a tie still exists, a card draw will be used. High card wins the tie.
15. Buy-backs are available first OR second round each race. Buy-back fees will be as follows:
a. Super Pro - $35
b. Footbrake - $25
c. Trophy Street - $15
d. Jr. Dragsters - $10
e. Motorcycles - $25
Buy-backs must be purchased at the buy-back booth located next to the tower, prior to the beginning of the next round of eliminations. Buy-backs are eligible for buy runs once back in eliminations. Drivers who buy-back will receive 10 points per round won after they buy-back. Buy-back drivers are eligible for round money in Super Pro and Footbrake.
16. If your car breaks in the staging lanes, you have five minutes or until the end of the round, whichever is greater, to move your vehicle.
17. The line at the front of the staging lanes is the commitment to race line. If you break after you cross the line, you then have twenty (20) seconds to make the starting line before the other driver is told to stage.
18. If you break before you make a pass down the track and you wish to leave, you will receive your competition entry fee back, minus spectator admission fee. No points will be given for the event if a break pass is issued. Break passes must be requested before the first round of eliminations.
19. All rainouts will be determined by track management. The dated tickets received will serve as rain checks for spectators and drivers in the event of a rain out.
20. Once you cross the line at the back of the staging lanes, do not change lanes or leave the lanes. Leaving the lanes will result in disqualification. This disqualification will not disrupt the normal run order. CARS ARE NOT PAIRED UNTIL STAGING DIRECTOR APPOINTS THEM.
21. While in the staging lanes, STAY WITH YOUR CAR and be ready to race at any time.
22. Staging lanes will be run at the Staging Lane Director’s discretion.
23. Any time cars are left in only one lane, lane choice will be determined by draw of high card.
24. If your class is called to the staging lanes and you miss the entire round and there is a buy-back offered, you can buy-back. You may also pay entry fee and enter competition without making a time run.
25. The buy-run will go to any driver that has not received a buy-run which is to be determined by the draw of the cards. In the finals, lane choice will always be by the draw of the cards. If at any point during the race, all remaining cars have previously had buy runs, cards will be drawn as needed to determine who receives the next buy run.
26. Burnouts are allowed in the water box ONLY. No holding cars during burnouts.
27. No burnouts across the starting line, unless told to do so or given the option by a track official.
28. Your dial in must be CLEAR and legible on all FOUR WINDOWS. The dial in must be on your car prior to crossing the line at the front of the staging lanes. Do not pre-stage your car until your dial in is on the scoreboard.
29. If your dial in is wrong on the scoreboard, DO NOT PRE-STAGE, NOTIFY THE STARTER. If you pre-stage your car, you have accepted all dial ins and the results are final.
30. We use a Port-a-Tree timing system with automatic start. Once a driver is staged and auto-start is activated, the other car has ten (10) seconds to stage, (twenty (20) seconds for Jr. Dragsters). If any single amber bulb on the side of the tree facing the competitors is burned out, the race will be re-run. The round will not be re-run if a single stage or pre-stage bulb facing the drivers is burnt out and bother racers stage and run without protest.
31. In the event of a burn down situation, when the Official Starter has given each driver sufficient time to stage, he will then motion both cars in. At that time, you will have ten (10) seconds to stage. If neither car has staged at the end of ten (10) seconds, both cars will be disqualified.
32. Courtesy staging is in effect. Do not final stage your car until your opponent has pre-staged. If this happens, the starter has the option of asking the first car to back out or delaying activation of the auto-start until the second car is ready to stage.
33. Deep staging will be allowed but not guaranteed. DEEP must be written on all four windows. Deep staging is up to the driver, reasonable time will be given for both cars to stage. No backing into the stage beams to stage your car. The last deliberate motion during staging must be forward.
34. If you smoke the tires at the finish line, you will be disqualified.
35. Junior Dragsters MUST be towed or pushed by an adult to the staging lanes. Under NO circumstances may a junior dragster be driven anywhere on the track property other than on the track itself and down the return road to the E.T. booth. Junior dragsters must be picked up by a tow vehicle at the end of the run and towed back to the pits. Street driven vehicles may not tow junior dragsters.
36. Junior dragsters are to be driven by children ages 8 through 17. All competitors in junior dragster will be run as one class regardless of the age of the driver or E.T. of car (7.90 or slower). Cars will be paired at random (the way they enter the lanes) or by matching cards.
37. Any time a junior dragster is started, whether in the pits or in the staging lanes, a qualified driver must be seated in the vehicle.
38. No verbal or physical assistance in staging by crew members, will be allowed after the junior dragsters have PRE-STAGED. Crewmembers cannot touch the dragsters after they have crossed the “parent line” or been called forward by the starter. Participants may raise their hand ONE time to request the starter to back the vehicle out of the stage beam.
39. No electronics are allowed in Footbrake, Trophy Street, or Junior Dragsters. Delay boxes must be out of the car. No transbrake may be used in Footbrake. Delay boxes are NOT allowed on motorcycles. Air or electric shifters may be used in Footbrake.
40. Trophy Street – must have street legal DOT approved tires. No slicks are allowed. Exhaust must be run through mufflers. No electronics.
41. You cannot claim Super Series points in Trophy Street or Motorcycles at New London Dragway.
42. All vehicles must have at least one working tail light.
43. All motorcycles must have a working tail light mounted behind the seat or on the wheelie bars.
44. Golf carts, scooters, ATVs, etc. must have a car number on them. Misuse of these vehicles could lead to disqualification. Valid driver’s license is required for operating any vehicle. Absolutely NO CHILDREN WILL BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE.
45. If any part of a vehicle crosses the center line and the outcome of the race is affected, this could result in disqualification.
46. All operators of vehicles other than junior dragsters must have a valid driver’s license.
47. Race Director may waive, amend, or modify any rule at any time for any single occurrence, for any good cause.
48. No center steer vehicles, altered or fenderless roadsters in Footbrake.